As a Certified Financial Planner™, CFP, we follow the ethics and code of conduct of the Certified Financial Planning program by walking our clients through the CFP Board’s standards of conduct and planning.
Please be assured that all information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential. During the financial planning engagement, we may, on occasion, be required to consult with other third-party professionals at which time we will obtain your permission to disclose your personal information.
Our financial planning engagement may specifically include:
- Reviewing and prioritizing your goals and objectives.
- Developing a summary of your current financial situation, including a net worth statement, cash flow summary, and insurance analysis.
- Reviewing your current investment portfolio and developing an asset management strategy.
- Developing a financial management strategy, including financial projections and analysis.
- Completing a retirement planning assessment, including financial projections of assets required at estimated retirement date.
- Assessing estate net worth and liquidity.
- Identifying tax planning strategies to optimize financial position.
- Presenting a written financial plan that will be reviewed in detail with you. It will contain recommendations designed to meet your stated goals and objectives, supported by relevant financial summaries.
- Developing an action plan to implement the agreed upon recommendations.
- Referral to other professionals, as required, to assist with implementation of the action plan.
- Assisting you with the implementation of the financial plan.
- Determining necessity to revise your financial plan.
If the financial planning engagement will be an on-going planning relationship (beyond one year) then, at a minimum, we will meet on an annual basis to update the planning and ensure the plan is still appropriate for you. If this is not intended to be an ongoing relationship, but rather just a one-time build of your plan, then the engagement will last for one year or upon delivery of the services described above, whichever is longer. Either party may terminate this agreement by notifying the other in writing. Any fees incurred prior to date of termination will be payable in full.
Our services for financial planning will be charged on a flat-fee basis ranging between $500 and $5,000. We will agree on a fee for the first year of service. This includes development and delivery of your financial plan, unlimited communication throughout the year and an end-of-the-year review. At the end of the one-year engagement, we can mutually decide if we wish to extend the engagement for financial planning services.
Please be advised that I do not receive a referral fee from any other professionals to whom I may refer you.
In order to ensure that the financial plan contains sound and appropriate recommendations, it is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information regarding pertinent aspects of your personal and financial situation including objectives, needs and values, investment statements, tax returns, copies of wills, powers of attorney, insurance policies, employment benefits, retirement benefits, and relevant legal agreements. This list is not all-inclusive and any other relevant information should be disclosed in a timely manner. It is your responsibility to ensure that any material changes to the above noted circumstances are disclosed to me as your financial planner on a timely basis since they could impact the financial planning recommendations.
I have no known conflicts of interest in the acceptance of this engagement. I commit that I will advise you of any conflicts of interest, in writing, if they should arise.
I acknowledge my responsibility to adhere to CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and all applicable federal and state rules and regulations. At all times during this engagement, I shall place your interests ahead of my own when providing professional services. In addition, since this engagement includes financial planning services, I am required to act as a fiduciary, as defined by CFP Board. You can learn more about CFP Board’s ethical requirements at www.CFP.net.
I look forward to working with you and helping you reach your financial goals.